Thursday, May 31, 2007

Back to "normal life" ...whatever that means!

Pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/33317873@N00/sets/72157600687068077/ & http://www.flickr.com/photos/33317873@N00/sets/72157600687606202/

I am finally back from my recent trips. Wrap up was a blast!!! By the last day of the venture in Johannesburg, the entire team was completely exhausted and going on nothing else but adrenalin from all the miracles witnessed!

There were friendships restored, millions of Rand owed were paid out, lives were re-dedicated and committed to Christ, emotional wounds healed, lives repurposed and redirected... talk about an abundance and outpouring... it got to a point where we were all just in a stupor from watching what had happened over the course of a week and a half. You just KNEW it was nothing we all did physically but the power of God.
Anybody need someone to testify? Call me!!

I stopped over to see some family on the way back and had a fun though exhausting time. Family always helps ground me and refresh my perspective apart from reminding me of who I am :)

It is always hard to transition back into "normal routine" after a venture and this time is particularly hard for me.
I've got the itch and cant wait to go back either out on a venture, or just to work abroad. Mingling with different races and classes of people always gives me a buzz and opens my mind just that much further into human dynamics. It is my strong opinion that every single person should leave home at least once in a life time to go somewhere far away to experience a culture other than theirs and gain an appreciation for different perspectives that can peacefully co-exist. I am eternally grateful for the exposure I've had and how it builds tolerance and understanding even if not acceptance.

I am now job hunting for a role that will take advantage of all that I have learnt and benefit the company I work for and society as a whole at the same time... wish me the best =)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i *heart* ventures :) so sad to have missed your report back...

Anonymous said...

Teju - I've just come across and read a few of your postings - what amazes me is that you were always so unique and interesting as a young girl and to see how God is using what He has deposited in you is truly, beautiful!

Tjsmart said...

Awww. Who is this?
'Teju

Support

Thank you for all your spiritual and financial support. Please continue to pray for God's protection and Guidance. Also see http://www.repurposing.biz/contribute for ways to support financially on my Equip (now Rep) missions trips.